Louis C. Henderson Jr.
Louis C. Henderson Jr. founded Henderson & Associates , LLC in 1999. Louis is a seasoned, energetic professional with expertise in both publicly held and privately owned companies, including in-depth experience in operations, financial and administrative management, acquisitions, dispositions, due diligence, turn arounds and strategic planning. He has proven skills in companies of all sizes and in industries including manufacturing, distribution, financial services and food service.
For more than seven years, Louis served as President of The Hackney Group, a privately owned company which supervised a large and diverse group of companies that, at its largest, consisted of 25 businesses located in the Southeast with sales totaling $220 million. The Hackney Group acquired and integrated nine companies over 15 months. Management teams and staff were evaluated, changed and improved as necessary.
Louis spent 28 years in the life insurance industry including eight years as Senior Vice President, Operations for Protective Life Corporation. As Chief Administrative Officer, he managed a broad range of home office operations, including policyholders service, underwriting and issue, legal, accounting, and internal audit. He also served as CFO from 1986 to 1989 and had management and profit responsibility for all acquired life insurance companies with total responsibility for integration, consolidation and merger.
His son, David Myers, joined the company in 2006 and the firm’s name was changed to Henderson & Myers LLC.
David Myers is a financial and operational professional with over 20 years combined experience in retail, financial services and business consulting. His professional experience consists of nine years at Saks Incorporated where he was the Vice President of Financial Planning and six years at SouthTrust Bank where he served in various strategic positions. Since 2006, he has been at Henderson & Myers LLC (currently an owner) where he consults with various companies across multiple industries with an emphasis on improving their financial and operational performance.
Over the past 20 years he has developed expertise in strategic planning, financial analysis emphasizing margin management, business performance management (BPM), business process improvement, team building and general business administration. While at Saks he supported two acquisitions, three consolidations and three divestures. At SouthTrust he managed and facilitated the retail strategic planning process.
David has hands-on operational experience at both large publicly traded companies and small privately held businesses and understands the unique differences and challenges of executing strategic and operational changes at both levels. He has a proven record of developing and implementing financial and operational processes that improve overall efficiency and provide bottom line value.
During his tenure at Saks, it grew from a $2.5 billion company to $6.5 billion through multiple acquisitions requiring the implementation of new business processes and disciplines to support the growth. From January of 2006 through May 2007, Saks divested three operating divisions. As a member of the Saks divestiture team, he helped to overcome several operational and financial challenges. He also developed and implemented an enterprise wide Business Performance Management (BPM) strategy that include process improvement, new technology and streamlined financial reporting.
- As an owner of Henderson & Myers, he has:
- Positioned companies for success by correcting pricing models and departmental profitability to bring significant departments to a break-even or profitable position;
- Implemented BPM solutions at companies of various sizes ranging from $10 million to $4 billion in revenue;
- Restructured entire accounting and operational departments;
- Provided IT strategic assessments;
- Established and installed monthly accounting processes and internal controls;
- Improved inventory management processes;
- Developed new incentive and compensation structures necessary to build a team-focused culture;
- Mentored company leaders;
- Transitioned life-style businesses to professionally run companies prepared for future strategic options; and
- Addressed family related issues impacting businesses.
He has spoken at various national conferences, including:
- Palladium National Balance Scorecard conference; San Diego, CA
- National Retail Federation conference; New York, NY
- Oracle National User conference; Las Vegas and Orlando
- University of Alabama-MBA faculty
- American Strategic Management Institute; Washington D.C.
- Best Practice’s in Retail Conference Series in Dallas, LA, Columbus and NY
- Jewelry User Group; Miami, FL